Friday, August 22, 2008
Brayden has mastered climbing the steps and sliding down by HIMSELF. We have been trying to teach him how to climb up the little steps, sit and then slide. He always wanted to climb UP the slide, but it never worked and he would get so frustrated. He was so proud of himself and would do it over and over.
Our trip to Atlanta was quite eventful. We stayed in a really nice hotel-thanks to Bo's friend, Austin. He works at the Embassy Suites in Nashville, so he was able to get a really good deal on the rooms. We left early Tueasday morning heading for Atlanta. Brayden was good for the most part traveling for 4 hours. We also left with it pouring down raining here and we took the rain with us. We were going to the Braves vs. Cubs game on Tuesday and Wednesday. We got on the Marta Tuesday afternoon since it was next door to the hotel, got off at Underground Atlanta and took the shuttle ot the stadium.... as soon as we pull up to the stadium they announce that the game has been cancelled. NOTE: We have Brayden with us and it was his supper time by then and he was tired of eating goldfish and fruitloops and sitting still. It was not a fun trip back on the shuttle and Marta! So, on Wednesday there is a double header- 1:00pm and 7:00pm. I'm thinking that there is no way Brayden can sit and be GOOD through 2 ballgames. I have family that lives near by in Alpharetta, so I had called my aunt the day before and asked if we could come visit. Aunt Lynn came and picked me and Brayden up from the hotel for the afternoon while Bo and Austin went to the 1st game. We got to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, then we picked cousin Taylor up from school and went to back to Aunt Lynn's to play for a little while. This was Brayden's first time meeting Taylor(she is his 3rd cousin). They had fun playing together. Brayden and I met Bo and Austin at the game at 7:00. I had to ride the Marta alone with Brayden and Bo met us at Underground to ride the shuttle. Brayden was not a happy camper at the ballgame. He's still to young for a 3 hour professional ballgame. I forgot my camera, I guess because I was nervous about riding the Marta alone and making sure I had everything for Brayden. Austin did get some pictures, so I will have to post the game pictures later. I did manage to get pictures of Taylor and Brayden playing.
Monday, August 18, 2008
Today, Brayden is 15 months old and growing fast!
He is a little chatter box and not shy(most of the time). He is doing this squealing thing now too. Hopefully, it will go away when he can talk more. His favorite word is "that". Other words are "gee" for Wrigley(our dog), "baseball"(instead of just ball) "thank you"(of course it's not that clear, but we understand it). He is eating table food really well, there's NOT much that he doesn't like. He loves raviolli, potatoes, rice, ham, tomatoes, cheese, cheese puffs, goldfish, fuit loops and animal crackers-just to name a few. He is a little monkey...loves to climb on everything! His favorite toy is a ball, it doesn't matter what kind or how big-he can spot one a mile away. We have to avoid walking by them in Walmart! =) He loves to ride the 4-wheeler and the golf cart. Most of the time he falls asleep on them- i guess because he has to be still! He's an active little one! We are still enjoying every minute of it!
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Friday, August 8, 2008
This summer has been busy for us, especially over the last month.
- We went to Loxley,AL and moved Drew and Ashley into their new house in June.
- The next week we went to Vaiden, MS to help our good friends Mary Martha and Don move into their new house. Don is now the Associate/Youth pastor at Vaiden Baptist Church. Bo and I went to his ordination service last Sunday in Louisville. They are also about to have their first child/daughter. Rani is due August 22, but she may come anyday now.
- Laura(MM's sister) and little Joshua came to MS all the way from NM for a visit, so we got to meet and play with him for the first time. He's 3 months old and a spitting image of his daddy right now.
- I have gotten together with friends from college a couple of times. We are trying to get together once a month. It's been fun catching up with everyone. Last month, we met at Mi Toro's and gave Mary Martha and suprise baby shower.
- Bo has been playing softball on the weekends he's off, which is only 2 each month.
- Last week, we went to Pope, MS to visit with some of Bo's family. We took one of the 3 girls to Memphis with us to visit with Papaw and Nanny(bo's mom's parents). After our visit, we went to Chuck E. Cheese's to eat and let the kids play for a little while, before we made our trip back home. Brayden and Maggie had lots of fun.
- I celebrated my 27th birthday in June.
- Bo celebrated his 27th birthday last Friday (1st).
- School has started back and we kept Rowe for a couple of days and on Wednesdays, Gavin comes over after school since it's an early day.
- Tuesday, we are heading to Atlanta to watch the Cubs vs. Braves (bo's birthday present from me and Brayden and we are taking Brayden along too) =)
Kevin Long and Pam-they are now engaged! No date has been set yet, but they are working on it.
Pictures to come soon!