Friday, August 22, 2008

Atlanta trip

Our trip to Atlanta was quite eventful. We stayed in a really nice hotel-thanks to Bo's friend, Austin. He works at the Embassy Suites in Nashville, so he was able to get a really good deal on the rooms. We left early Tueasday morning heading for Atlanta. Brayden was good for the most part traveling for 4 hours. We also left with it pouring down raining here and we took the rain with us. We were going to the Braves vs. Cubs game on Tuesday and Wednesday. We got on the Marta Tuesday afternoon since it was next door to the hotel, got off at Underground Atlanta and took the shuttle ot the stadium.... as soon as we pull up to the stadium they announce that the game has been cancelled. NOTE: We have Brayden with us and it was his supper time by then and he was tired of eating goldfish and fruitloops and sitting still. It was not a fun trip back on the shuttle and Marta! So, on Wednesday there is a double header- 1:00pm and 7:00pm. I'm thinking that there is no way Brayden can sit and be GOOD through 2 ballgames. I have family that lives near by in Alpharetta, so I had called my aunt the day before and asked if we could come visit. Aunt Lynn came and picked me and Brayden up from the hotel for the afternoon while Bo and Austin went to the 1st game. We got to eat at the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, then we picked cousin Taylor up from school and went to back to Aunt Lynn's to play for a little while. This was Brayden's first time meeting Taylor(she is his 3rd cousin). They had fun playing together. Brayden and I met Bo and Austin at the game at 7:00. I had to ride the Marta alone with Brayden and Bo met us at Underground to ride the shuttle. Brayden was not a happy camper at the ballgame. He's still to young for a 3 hour professional ballgame. I forgot my camera, I guess because I was nervous about riding the Marta alone and making sure I had everything for Brayden. Austin did get some pictures, so I will have to post the game pictures later. I did manage to get pictures of Taylor and Brayden playing.

No comments: