Monday, February 11, 2008

Brayden's First Dentist Appointment


Today, Brayden went to the dentist for the first time. Yes, he is only 8 months (almost 9 months) old and has only 2 teeth! As a first time mom, I was sitting in the back seat with Brayden about a month ago and noticed something dark on his teeth. I started checking them out even closer and there was something on the back of his teeth also. I started to panic, thinking "why are my baby's teeth rotting already?", "I don't brush them everyday, but at least 2 or 3 times a week and he's ONLY HAD THEM FOR 2 MONTHS!" I called the Dr. and he wanted to see him. He told me that the enamel was missing on parts of his teeth???? I was worried that they may be hurting him?? So, I called Dr. Curtis(the pediactric dentist). He said it sounded like iron stains, but he wanted to see him just to make sure. Our appointment was today and that is exactly what it was on his teeth... iron stains from his formula. He assured me that they would go away when he swaps over to real milk. The spots are really not that noticable, but I notice everything out of the ordinary on my own child. Several people have tried looking for the spots and can't see them. He also said that his top 2 teeth are coming anyday now.... we have had knots up there for a few weeks, knowing they are coming. I didn't get any pics, but Brayden got a balloon and a big boy toothbrush. He loved the balloon! Dr. Curtis was great! And I am so relieved that his teeth are not rotting! :)

3 comments:

Haines said...

good news! He is gonna have perfect teeth like you and bo. He sure is a good looking little devil. And his hair is just like his daddys! LOL!

Jenny said...

he is so cute tori! i'm glad nothing was wrong with his little teeth...i had never heard of that happening before. i will be looking more closely at my two kiddos now.:) hope y'all are doing great!

ABL said...

I'm glad everything turned out okay! It seems like my brother had this happen to him when he was a baby. I can't believe how big Brayden has gotten. He's getting to be a big boy!